Thursday, March 27, 2008

Small details

Sooo... I had my meeting last night and have a few more of the details about my trip.
1. I will be staying in an apartment in a residential part of central Dublin with between 3-9 other students.
2. The program is not on a university campus... in fact IES (my program sponsor) is contained all in one building.
3. It is likely that I will only have class 1 or 2 days a week... they pack the workload in on those days, however.

Plus I learned how to say hello.
Dia dhuit a (name)= God be with you,
The response is:
Dias muire dhuit a (name)= God and Mary be with you.
And the response to that is:
Dias muire dhuit is padraig a (name)= God and Mary and Patrick be with you.

Evidently it goes on and can get up to twelve names of saints, but that is as far as the lady who was talking to us wanted to go...

Anyway,
Dia dhuit a you (I don't know the Irish word for it yet)
~Dannielle

No comments: