Monday, July 28, 2008

The fastest post yet


Neeps( mashed turnips...delicious), haggis, and taters.

I'm currently at an internet cafe in Edinbugh, Scotland... I have less than 20 minutes for this update...
I got into Glasgow, Scotland yesterday morning after spending the night in the airport. FYI for anyone traveling in Dublin. The Dublin International Airport is the worst airport to sleep in. I was fine, though. I met a Spanish couple and had coffee (water for me) and talked with them til late. Then together we found a spot to lie down. They were great.

So far Scotland has gone down without any real hitches. I have been taking it easy and not worrying about following a schedule of sorts. I have been exploring in Edinburgh for the last two days and then leave early in the morning (6:40am) on the train headed for Inverness. It will be a long trip, but it is through the Highlands, so everyone says it will be beautiful.

After Inverness, it is a night in Glasgow, a night in Dublin, then home... I am pretty excited to be headed home not gonna lie.

Love you all,
Dannielle

Here are some pictures from Edinburgh:Edinburgh Castle

I happened to discover they were having a jazz festival, so I decided to check it out.

People lounging and watching the jazz festival. Reminded me of this painting somehow...
Two amazing Scots at the festival... I wish they had been my host parents. Oh well. They obviously don't get much sun and were ill-prepared. However, the best engineers in the world have been Scottish (Scottie, anyone?) so they fashioned hats for themselves.



No comments: